Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sprinkler guys just dumped a bunch of dirt in my pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Sprinkler guys just dumped a bunch of dirt in my pool

Im not sure where to put this question. We are getting our in ground sprinklers working again. They were torn up when we had the pool put in. They found a leak and was pumping it out. They weren't paying attention and it was dumping straight into my pool :/ My husband noticed it and they got it out.

Hubs turned on our pump right away to try and get it out. I have a swg that I am trying to get balanced. I have another post about this. I had just gotten it down from 8.2 to 7.5 this morning. My Fc was only .5 this morning because I am in need of CYA. ..whicH I am getting today.

What will this do to my numbers if anything? Should I go ahead and add chlorine to the pool now that the dirt is in t here? We used to go to the pool store and just switched to this wonderful place. We had bought a box of dichlor that I am using before switching to liquid chlorine. . My Cya is maybe 10 so the dichlor shouldn't hurt that.
    Pool is 20 X 40 so about 27,000 gallons according to a calculator/ IG/Vinyl
    Sand Filter hayward not sure of model
    Hayward super pump model C48L2N134B1 Rpm 3450, Hp 1 1/2
    This is the 3rd summer with the pool
    SWG - Breeze

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Sprinkler guys just dumped a bunch of dirt in my pool

can you vacuum to waste or is it already mixed in, if mixed in I would take your FC to 12 and circulate/run your pump 24/7 until clear
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

It just happened so the dirt hasn't even settled to the bottom yet . When it settles , I can vacuum to waste . Ok so add enough to get my fc to 12 . Im so annoyed..we have a kids party this afternoon. :/
    SWG - Breeze

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

4 pounds of dichlor will bring your FC up 11 and put 10 ppm CYA in
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you! I've tried to find the info on swimming after bringing up fc. Should people not go in it at all?

SWG - Breeze

6. Back To Top    #6

The real problem is kids swimming with FC below minimum level for your CYA, FC/CYA Chart. FC below minimum leaves a pool unsanitary because kill rates of bacteria, viruses and pathogens are not fast enough which causes increased risk of person to person disease transmission, especially with kids.

It is safe to swim when FC is above minimum and below shock level for your CYA, FC/CYA Chart
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

you can swim up to shock level for your CYA level, so if your CYA is 30 you can swim up to 12 FC, just take a shower afterwards to wash of the chlorine

8. Back To Top    #8

my cya doesn't show up in the test but another poster helped me and thinks I might be at 10 because I added some two weeks ago.. a gallon

SWG - Breeze

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok, minimum FC for CYA 0 to 20 is 2 ppm
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach