intex rectangular pool 12x24x52

Jun 6, 2016
Taneytown Maryland
Hello I have been trying to get everything together that we might need to set our intex pool up. I wanted to know if its possible to put up wall foam and a cove on the rectangular shaped pool? I have the armour shield for the floor but I wasn't sure if I needed to order wall foam and a cove for it too? Thank you very much

Thank you very much. I also was wondering if I need to buy masonry sand? Also do you know what size pavers or pressure treated wood that I would need for the legs and which might be best to use. I understand that they need to be thick but I'm wondering what size to get all around for each one. thanks so much I really appreciate your help

Hi we decided not to put up the intex rectangular pool and are going to try to set up an above ground oval pool instead. I was wondering if we would still need the foam sheets that i had got for the intex pool and if i could still use the concrete pavers that i have? Do i need to get sand as well? This is all new to me and so thats why I keep asking questions. Im still trying to level the ground and its really difficult. Thank you for any advice you can give and for your help because i appreciate it

You can use all the same stuff for your oval pool.. It is a harder to install pool but still the same concept..

I have 9 sheets of foam which was supposed to be for the 12x24 rectangle so now would i buy more to fit the floor of 18x33 and then have to cut it to fit around edges of the oval shape? What did i get myself into? I thought the oval one would be easier to install. Thank you for helping me.

I am by no means saying it can not be installed DIY, it can be and people do it all the time... but most get them installed because it is not an easy project and if something goes south, you are the installer so you will have to figure out what to do and how something gets fixed...

If an installer is doing it they are responsible for everything :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did also use sand as it can help a little with leveling.. When you use the foam board you do not have to use sand.. :)

Hello, If i get sand to put under the foam panels could you please tell me what type would be best to buy. I was going to get it from lowes. I am unsure of what type to get though because I thought I read somewheres that I shouldnt use play sand. So i wanted to ask first to be sure. Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.