Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help me get spillway automation running

1. Back To Top    #1

Chicagoland, IL

Help me get spillway automation running

We are trying to figure out how to turn in the spillway with the control panel. We can manage it manually, but I'm not sure what we should do otherwise.

On our aqualink rs board, the labeled buttons are filter pump, cleaner, jet pump, and air blower. The pool light, spa light, slide, and aux 7. From what I've read, aux 3 (air blower) would normally be the one used for spillway.

People before us may have messed with switches. When we started everything up, pool mode and spa mode were reversed. We flipped a toggle on the back of the auction side actuator, and that seemed to fix it. The other two actuators (return side - one is for spa or pool return, the other for slide, we think) were in manual mode.

Any suggestions to point us in the right direction?
    27,000 gal. plaster IG with round spa built in 2007. TFT-100 test kit XL w/ Speedstir
    Jandy CL580 cartridge filter. Jandy 1.0 hp filter pump, 1.5 hp booster/spa? pump.
    Aqualink RS One Touch controls. Paramount PC2000 In-floor cleaning system (1.0 hp pump?). Jandy LX pool heater, apparently broken.
    Missing so much gear due to previous foreclosure, it's sad.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Help me get spillway automation running

It would be easier if you took a picture so we could see your equipment. If your spa does not have a dedicated return line for creating the spillover, then you will need to use the spa jets. Basically your controller needs to put the suction side valve on to the pool side (skimmer(s), deep end main drain, what ever your pool has) and then set the return side of the pump to the spa. This will suck water from the pool and put it into the spa. I am not familiar with the iAqualink controls/programming, but there are many Jandy folks here who can help. A picture is worth a thousand words....
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates