Hi from Regallily

Jun 20, 2016
Auburn, ME
Hi everyone from the sunny state of Maine.

I grew up with an above ground pool but my Dad took care of everything. My husband wanted a motorcycle and I wanted a pool. So, we each got what we wanted, but I got a Bestway 16' X 48" Power Steel pool. It took us forever to get it level (and it's still about 2 inches off) and now we're struggling to get all of the chemical levels right. I had to order some of the chemicals from Amazon due to no one having them in stock in our area. This is a test to see if we want a hardsided above ground pool that we'll leave up through the winter...I've got a LOT to learn.

But first, how the heck do I get my pH to go above 6.2!!

Back to reading in Pool School!

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Here is a great single sheet on pool chemicals, what they are, what they do and how to add them to your pool.
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

To raise PH turn on the pump, add about 100 oz of 20 Team Mule Borax from the laundry aisle at your grocery store, brush the pool and wait 15-20 minutes and test PH. After that repeat with about 30 oz until PH reads between 7.2 and 7.8.

BUT, how are you getting a PH reading of 6.2? Most testers do not read that low. It would probably be best for you to order a TF-100 from TFTestkits.net and give us a full set of test results in a few days.

Good spots to read first
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - Getting Started
TFPC for Beginners

Hi from up here in Winterport!

Your post made me laugh! I've been begging for a pool for years now and we finally made it happen (just had it installed on Saturday). My husband doesn't care much for swimming so I think I'll refrain from telling him about the deal you made with yours, lol!

The folks here at TFP have been so helpful in getting my chemicals balanced so don't be afraid to ask questions! My pool is now balanced and all ready to get into, I'm just waiting on my husband to build the steps. I hope to get my first swim in tonight!

Hi everyone from the sunny state of Maine.