Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cost of new safety cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Cost of new safety cover

All,

A friend of mine just moved into a house with a pool (I just ordered him a TF100 kit as a house warming gift) and his first question for me was about replacing his safety cover. His cover is shot with several holes in it (larger than what can be patched with the small adhesive kits) so it's time for him to replace it. His local pool store gave him estimates for two different covers from a company called "GLI." They're most expensive is a "hyperlite" version and their middle-grade is their "promesh".

For the Hyperlite he got a quote of $3900 and for the promesh it was $3600.

Does this seem normal or is this sky-high?? I'm due to replace my cover so seeing these quotes got my attention as well . Is this normal for the average cost of a safety cover??. For what it's worth, he's located north of Philadelphia and his pool is around 25K gal (free form IG plaster) and mine is close to 40K.

I would love to hear from the community on whether this is about average for a safety cover. I'm also curious if folks have experience with GLI. My current cover is a LoopLoc and is 15yrs old.

Thanks
    -Mike
    40K gallons, IG, plaster, circa 1987, 60sqft Crystal Water DE filter, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, SWG, attached spa w/spillway, 2 skimmers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cost of new safety cover

Not sure if you are looking to buy and install yourself,, or have it installed.
    The guy in this link can get you a cover for a lot less, but you'd have to install it. Plus the link has some good comparisons

http://poolservicema.com/product-rev...-reviews-cost/
    In-ground block / vinyl liner 33' x 22' x 5',, approx 25k gals
    Cartridge Filter
    Floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 return lines (2" plumbing ultra-flex PVC)

3. Back To Top    #3

look up katch-a-kid, i paid 1700 for mine. theres no way i could pay 3600.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

4. Back To Top    #4

DW9000 -- That's a great link. Thanks for the info. (I'll also check out the Katch-a-kid)
    40K gallons, IG, plaster, circa 1987, 60sqft Crystal Water DE filter, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, SWG, attached spa w/spillway, 2 skimmers.

5. Back To Top    #5

Market price for an installed cover in my area.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner