Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool resurfaced during expansion, cool deck layer sprayed not pool and now sticking

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool resurfaced during expansion, cool deck layer sprayed not pool and now sticking

Hi guys, New to the site and would appreciate any input. About 2 months ago I expanded my screened room and had my pool resurfaced and pool deck redone. They first resurfaced the pool and filled it back up with water. The pooldeck guy then came in and sprayed a mix of sand and epoxy then flattened it for the texturing before staining the overlay.

The sand epoxy mix was sprayed into the pool... A lot of it and I was told it was normal and would vacuum right out. I vacuumed a lot over the next few weeks and constantly cleaned the filter and even replaced the filter cause it got to gummed up. The sand still stuck to the sides and floor, two months later there are still streaks of the sand that adhered to the floor, I got it off the sides for the most part but took serious elbow grease. Without scuba tanks I can't do the same to the bottom. Is there a product that will loosen this stuff? and was it normal to shoot all that into the pool?

Can I try to pressure washing it or will it damage the aggregate finish?

Thanks for any information I appreciate it.

Tim

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool resurfaced during expansion, cool deck layer sprayed not pool and now sticki

I'd be calling the company back and get their input. Sounds like laziness to me.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool resurfaced during expansion, cool deck layer sprayed not pool and now sticki

Thanks, I have tried but this company was 3rd party hire by the guy that made my screen room larger. Tried calling the pool deck company three times with no response. Gotta love it.