Hayward AquaRite flow switch bad. Which switch?

Noticed today no chlorine generating. Display is showing no flow.

Checked the switch with a multimeter and it's open circuit with or without the pump running. Ergo... bad switch.

Searching online for a replacement, there seem to be 2 different types (with the same part number). Are these 2 inter-changeable?

Also, the price varies wildly. From $30 on Ebay to $240 from our friendly neighborhood pool supply company :shark:

Fortunately, I still have the puck feeder in line so added my last 2 pucks to keep my chlorine up.

glxflorp25.jpghayward-glx-flo-rp-10jpg.jpg

I have had mine for 10 years now without failure. Is there something that is messing with the wire on yours?

Do you still have the failed switches? You might cut off the wire close to the switch and do a continuity test there to see if it is the switch or the wire failing.

Received and installed the new switch and all is working again.

I tested the original switch and it is definitely bad. Cut the wire near the switch and tested there.

I re-tested the replacement switch I bought last year and that is intermittent. Looks like a bad cable. The switch works.

I emailed the supplier saying it had failed after just 9 months and they sent me a replacement under warranty so I now have a spare if it fails again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.