Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward AquaRite flow switch bad. Which switch?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward AquaRite flow switch bad. Which switch?

Noticed today no chlorine generating. Display is showing no flow.

Checked the switch with a multimeter and it's open circuit with or without the pump running. Ergo... bad switch.

Searching online for a replacement, there seem to be 2 different types (with the same part number). Are these 2 inter-changeable?

Also, the price varies wildly. From $30 on Ebay to $240 from our friendly neighborhood pool supply company

Fortunately, I still have the puck feeder in line so added my last 2 pucks to keep my chlorine up.

glxflorp25.jpghayward-glx-flo-rp-10jpg.jpg
    Chris Hawkins

18,000 gallon vinyl Inground. Hayward Goldline Aquarite 40k SWG, Pentair Intelliflo VS pump.
    Polaris 3900 cleaner, Pentair Tagelus sand filter. AquaPro 1300 heat pump. TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward AquaRite flow switch bad. Which switch?

Top picture looks like the original. If INYOPools says the bottom one will work, then it should work.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

My new Aquarite came with the one that has the little round "button" on the switch. That one is the original.
    Premier (Esther Williams) 24' x 52" Round AGP (13,500 gl.), Hayward 24" Pro-Series S244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump, AquaRite SWG, AquaComfort ACT-1100 Heat Pump, Jandy/Zodiac iAqualink Automation System with iPhone App, Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40
    My New Pool

4. Back To Top    #4

I ordered the $30 one off eBay which arrived yesterday. It's the second one from my original post.

Installed and seems to work fine.

Pretty sure it's a made in China knockoff but can't go wrong for $30.
    Chris Hawkins

18,000 gallon vinyl Inground. Hayward Goldline Aquarite 40k SWG, Pentair Intelliflo VS pump.
    Polaris 3900 cleaner, Pentair Tagelus sand filter. AquaPro 1300 heat pump. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

So. 9 months later and the 'Chinese knockoff' has failed.

I've ordered a replacement. This time I believe it is the OEM switch (made by Harwil Corp).

Maybe I should buy a spare ready for next year.
    Chris Hawkins

6. Back To Top    #6

I have had mine for 10 years now without failure. Is there something that is messing with the wire on yours?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    I have had mine for 10 years now without failure. Is there something that is messing with the wire on yours?
    Not that I can tell. The wire looks OK. Just no-flow. I cut the plug off the one that failed last year and twisted the wires together to over-ride it until I get the replacement.

I've only had the SWG for 2 years so not a great track-record.
    Chris Hawkins

8. Back To Top    #8

Do you still have the failed switches? You might cut off the wire close to the switch and do a continuity test there to see if it is the switch or the wire failing.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes. Still have them both. I'll test them when I have the replacement.
    Chris Hawkins

10. Back To Top    #10

Received and installed the new switch and all is working again.

I tested the original switch and it is definitely bad. Cut the wire near the switch and tested there.

I re-tested the replacement switch I bought last year and that is intermittent. Looks like a bad cable. The switch works.

I emailed the supplier saying it had failed after just 9 months and they sent me a replacement under warranty so I now have a spare if it fails again.
    Chris Hawkins