Sep 11, 2013
PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello,
I'm having trouble with my solar cover spinning.. Any ideas how to keep it from spinning.. I'm using the eyeball for my return. Should i try a elbow then the return. I'm using a ladderwhich should hold it or do i need to cut the cover so it lies flat inbetween the ladder legs?

Thanks for any idea's
Fran

It is generally best to cut the cover to lie flat on the water so that the wind doesn't pick it up. I've never heard of one spinning from the water rotation. Kinda funny! :)

I was not trying to be funny ...Should I take a picture of my bunched up cover.. mabye I didn't explain well

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was picturing the cover spinning on top of the water, wheel of fortune style. Bunching up is probably more from the cover sticking up and catching the wind. I would cut the liner so that it lies flat on the water to see if that fixes it. Seems like it will.

Tonight I'll cut the cover .. hope that works. By the way ...if I take out my ladder so the cover lies flat the water current will have it spinning in no time. I dont think it's from the wind....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I don't think the spinning is really an issue. If you cut slots for the ladder than you have to make sure you get it on the same way each time which could prove to be a pain. It's probably best to just pull the ladder and just let it do its thing. If it's cut to the proper diameter of the pool than it should just lay on the water. Only thing I could foresee would be as it spins it might catch water and it'd get on top of the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.