Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward slide valve open by itself?

1. Back To Top    #1

New Jersey

Hayward slide valve open by itself?

I have a crazy question. I have a hayward slide valve attached to a Hayward DE filter. For the last few years I have been unable to rotate the handle to set the locking pins in place. It never seemed to be a problem as in no water leaked through the backwash hose when in down filtering position. The filter turned on this morning and when I came back a few hours later I noticed the pool water level had dropped 6 inches. When I went to look at the the filter I immediately saw that the push-pull valve was in the up position and water was streaming out the backwash hose. My question is can this have happened from water pressure or did somebody deliberately pull up the valve to start emptying the pool? I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Hayward slide valve open by itself?

Welcome to TFP

I have not heard of a valve moving by itself, maybe someone moved it not knowing what it was...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **