Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have to share...

1. Back To Top    #1

Have to share...

Went by Walmart today because they still have the 10% bleach for 2.50 on an endcap. There was a lady there with a bucket of trichlor pucks in her basket and reading the back of a bleach bottle(chlorinating liquid.) I never do this because it's not my personality, but I mean, come on, this situation was set up on a tee for a tfp'er.
    Before I even knew what happened, I was talking stabilizer levels, recommending a good test kit, and explaining the downfalls of the pool store. The wife was amazed as she will talk to anybody, but me not so much. Helped the lady put the pucks back on the shelf while she loaded the bleach, then I sent her to the website to read pool school.
    I suppose she could have told me to get lost, but she was very thankful and seemed like she understood what I was saying. It felt irresponsible not to speak up in this situation.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!
    16x32 rectangular, 19,000 gal, gunite, quartzscapes plaster, Hayward Tristar 2 speed 1.5hp pump, 31" Hayward Pro Series sand filter, TF-100 test kit, BBB method rocks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Have to share...

I also took advantage of the Walmart sale on 10%. I am constantly tell folks about the BBB method, hence the reason I have to go to Walmart now for my chlorine. They clean out the Dollar General and Fred's shelves as fast as they can stock them.
    24 ft. round ABG-vinyl-15200 gallon
    Sand Filter w/1 1/2 HP pump
    Installed May 2011
    Taylor K-2006 test kit
    BBB method

http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock
    pool-school/shocking_your_pool
    pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I've told maybe 5 friends about TFP. Out of those 5, I'm thinking only 1 will actually do it. I've explained the process numerous times to My SIL, to no avail. She does have me test her PH, I gave her soda ash and told her it was PH up, ha ha.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by bluetahoe View Post
    I suppose she could have told me to get lost, but she was very thankful and seemed like she understood what I was saying. It felt irresponsible not to speak up in this situation.
    Well, she was trying to bypass the pool store by buying chemicals elsewhere, that's halfway here already!
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.