Above Ground Oval Pool Problem - Ends Have Pulled In

tb2186

May 22, 2009
Hi,
I'm had a 18 x 33 oval pool installed last summer but since the install both of the end walls have risen up higher than the side walls. They have also pulled inside the radius of the bottom rail and lifted out of the bottom rail. I had an installer install the pool but I suspect that he did a bad job. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this.

Attachments

• IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_2054.JPG
    IMG_2054.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 302
I suspect he did a bad job also. I hope someone stands behind the job and fixes it. Leveling could be a factor here. If the pool is full you should get a detailed document as to the the level of the pool. Work your way around the pool measuring from the top rail to the water level. If your readings are consistent then we know that is not an issue. If they vary you can document it for future use. If one side measures 4" to the water and the other 6" you may have found one of your problems. It's always a good place to start.

Is it possible to post a couple pics that are not so close up, showing the entire pool?

Dennis

All I can say is wow, I'm so sorry for you and hope your installer will take care of this. I'm guessing this is not an easy fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.