Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above Ground Oval Pool Problem - Ends Have Pulled In

1. Back To Top    #1

Above Ground Oval Pool Problem - Ends Have Pulled In

I'm had a 18 x 33 oval pool installed last summer but since the install both of the end walls have risen up higher than the side walls. They have also pulled inside the radius of the bottom rail and lifted out of the bottom rail. I had an installer install the pool but I suspect that he did a bad job. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Above Ground Oval Pool Problem - Ends Have Pulled In

Was this a private installer or a subcontractor of the Pool Store? I would think they should warranty this install.

Sorry for your troubles... really takes away from the enjoyment factor.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I suspect he did a bad job also. I hope someone stands behind the job and fixes it. Leveling could be a factor here. If the pool is full you should get a detailed document as to the the level of the pool. Work your way around the pool measuring from the top rail to the water level. If your readings are consistent then we know that is not an issue. If they vary you can document it for future use. If one side measures 4" to the water and the other 6" you may have found one of your problems. It's always a good place to start.

Is it possible to post a couple pics that are not so close up, showing the entire pool?

Pro pool installer for over 35 years

4. Back To Top    #4
    Waaay NW MN

All I can say is wow, I'm so sorry for you and hope your installer will take care of this. I'm guessing this is not an easy fix.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!