Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaks, Need to Find Replacement Parts

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaks, Need to Find Replacement Parts

Finally got my inground pool up and running and have noticed two leaks. From the clear elbow I have leaks at both ends. Where the top of my Super Pump sp2607x10 basket connects with the sp710xr50 Vari-Flow valve it's leaking and where the clear elbow is connected to the top of the basket is leaking also. I found the part I need for the connection to the Vari-Flow sp1480 here I cannot, however, find the bottom white piece that connects to the basket. The top circular hand tightening part is labeled sp1485-e, but there is no label on the bottom part in the shape of a nut that screws into the basket. I'm also unsure if there are o-rings involved. Here is a picture: Thank you.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Leaks, Need to Find Replacement Parts

INYO Pools can hook you up with that stuff. Tell them TFP sent you and they'll be extra nice.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll give it a shot. Thank you.

4. Back To Top    #4

Had an online chat with someone at INYO and they were not of any help. Took him ten minutes to respond and sent me a link to products that didn't come close to matching my inquiries.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

hi illtiger1,

First off I'm sorry it took so long for someone to respond to you on chat and secondly that the part suggest was of no help. Could you let me know if either of these parts would do the trick for you?

Hayward Union Nut (spx1480c) -

Union Ball End
    Hayward Union Ball End (spx1485a) -

You can see I believe is the break down to your part here Hayward Perflex Filters EC-65, EC-65A, EC-75 EC-75A Parts -
    (down in the box at the bottom of the schematic)

Here are a few other complete elbow kits which may work

Hayward 90 Degree Sweep,1.5mpt,union Wg (sp1485) -

Hayward Elbow, Union With O-ring (spx1485b3) -
    Hayward Elbow, Union With O-ring (spx1485b6) -

Once again I applogize for not meeting your expectations the first time around but hopefully one of these items will work. Please let me know if you have additional questions and I will do my best to help.

Thank You