Getting TA Down

Just a few questions first. How bad is your pH swings? I ask because 110 is really not that higg. TA is one that you should not focus on. There are always exceptions but for the most part TA will live where you get a stable pH. How new is the finish. Plaster will cause a rise from curing for up to a year. Just manage your pH and let your TA live where it wants.

Since you generally only lower pH to 7.0, swimming is not a problem. I agree with jcowart that if your pH is stable to just leave TA alone. Only adjust TA if you have to add acid every few days to keep pH in range.

I use this to aerate..Aerator.jpg

Jim R.

Just a few questions first. How bad is your pH swings? I ask because 110 is really not that higg. TA is one that you should not focus on. There are always exceptions but for the most part TA will live where you get a stable pH. How new is the finish. Plaster will cause a rise from curing for up to a year. Just manage your pH and let your TA live where it wants.

The plaster is older, not sure of the age. I just switched to a SWG from chlorine. But the pool school mentions to be at 80 TA and 7.6-7.8 for PH. I was trying to mirror what was recommend for a salt water pools.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you generally only lower pH to 7.0, swimming is not a problem. I agree with jcowart that if your pH is stable to just leave TA alone. Only adjust TA if you have to add acid every few days to keep pH in range.

I use this to aerate..View attachment 50466

Jim R.

My TA hasn't changed for months, I just add MA a few time a months to lower PH. Since I just switched to salt water is there anything that I should expect differently from chlorine pool? Cool Picture!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.