Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Equipment randomly starting

1. Back To Top    #1

Equipment randomly starting

It has started again equipment randomly starting. In the past 5 days my AquaLink has started up my equipment on spa mode along with the heater. Not at the same time mind you 3am, 5:45am, 9:10am to set time. Gone through the hand held and checked to ensure that there is nothing programmed. Changed the back up battery in the AquaLink panel just to be sure. I turn everything off on my PDA and the equipment comes on per the schedule.

i don't know what to check now or where to look....it seems that it has a mind of its own. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on resolving this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    In ground concrete with pebble tech finish, with attached spa, Intelliflo Pentair VSD pump, iAqualink 2.0 Jandy control system, Pentair pool heater, Hayward salt chlorine generator and a Pentair 4000 series filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Equipment randomly starting

I Had something similar happen where the pool sweep pump started up randomly. Turned out the control relay's test button (little spring loaded piece on top) was close to one of the wires, causing it to randomly start,when the wire pressed on it.
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Ghost in the machine.... Have you done an equipment reset? Contacted the manufacturer? Sorry not trying to be mean, but gone through the owners manual troubleshooting?

Troubleshooting manual: http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/...91071/6919.pdf

Hope it helps.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

I have gone through the manual and the phantom operation of equipment advises you to check for overlapping programming which I have done. I am beginning to wonder if someone is screwing with me as after everything started up this morning it ran for a couple of hours and switched to spa mode and the blower even came on...I have to figure out how to switch channels on PDA and see if that helps.....
    In ground concrete with pebble tech finish, with attached spa, Intelliflo Pentair VSD pump, iAqualink 2.0 Jandy control system, Pentair pool heater, Hayward salt chlorine generator and a Pentair 4000 series filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Sounds like a plan
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

6. Back To Top    #6

Next door neighbor has exact same system waiting for him to tell me what his RF chan he is on...then make the change

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Unless you two are right on top of each other, I've not encountered an issue with two homes next to each other where one handheld affects the others system.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

8. Back To Top    #8

You may want to have the system checked for a short if the neighbor is not the problem. My heat/ac system had a short in the blower motor and it would come on at random times even when the thermostat had everything set in the off position. I couldn't shut off power to it without shutting off power to 1/2 the house. It was a joyful couple of days in winter before they could come out and fix it.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Do you have a 4 button remote at the spa? Try either disabling it, or disconnecting it. When they begin to fail, especially when they are located in the tile (water line) they present the symptom(s) you are having.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

10. Back To Top    #10

No remote control at spa just the PDA. Figured that based on it operating on the 900 MHz frequency, as all household devices are, could be a baby monitor, garage door opener, cordless phone. The only sure fix is to take it off that frequency so upgrading to the IQ20-RS and do it over the Internet. Plus my PDA is acting up anyway with some fields not showing up and a new one is over $300. Two birds one stone.