Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquacomfort heat pump cycling on and off.

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquacomfort heat pump cycling on and off.

I have a 6 year old aquacomfort ac1500h that cycles on and off. There is no code on the screen when this happens. When on it blows cold air out the fan. Only runs for about 5 minutes. I would mention that there is no temperature reading on the screen also. Not sure if that makes a difference.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Aquacomfort heat pump cycling on and off.

Sounds like a refrigerant, compressor or expansion valve issue. Call your favorite hvac company to check it out. Pool heat pumps should be serviced regularly just like home hvac systems. You can even add it to your service contract if you have one.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quaker Hill, CT

I second that it sounds like symptoms of low refrigerant or a sticking txp valve.
    15x30 AG Ovation Fantasy pool all Aluminum frame, 13,000 gal Vinyl Liner
    Pentair Super flo VS, Crystal Flo II 19" sand filter
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump
    TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I just so happen to also have an Aquacomfort Ac125 and my TXP valve is working but sticking causing an HP error. Surprised at the $850.00 price I received to repair. It does have to be evacuated and new valve sweat in and then recharged which takes time.

What do you all think about that price?

Thanks Much