Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex filter Pump not suctioning

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex filter Pump not suctioning

Good morning! I have an Intex Ultra Frame swimming pool and it does not suction. The pump comes on and I can feel the water running through the hoses....it just doesn't seem to be suctioning. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex filter Pump not suctioning

It would be helpful to know what Intex pump you have. The answer will depend entirely on this info.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry about that. Its a Krystal Clear Model 633T Filter pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you mean there is good water flow from the outlet (pool return) but you cannot feel suction from the dual inlets (suction side) then it is working as designed. The system is designed not to be able to feel suction at the inlet to eliminate risk of people, especially small children, from becoming trapped against the pool wall.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

That is exactly what I meant and thank you so much! I thought you were supposed to feel a little suction. The filter is dirty so I know that it was working, but I guess it was just slow for me. Thanks again!