Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pad under stairs

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Pad under stairs

Hello ~
    It's a beautiful hot sunny day here in northern Illinois. We have a new above ground pool and have purchased wedding cake stairs for inside the pool. I have read that a pad under the stairs will protect the liner.

What kind of pad should I get? Where do I get it?

Thanks for the support! wedding cake stairs.jpg
    TerriP
    27'x54" AGP - 2HP Hayward SWIMPRO LX PUMP - SW150 Hayward SWIMPRO Voyager Element Tank- - Dyna-Skim Wide Mouth Skimmer SP1091WM - Aquaray vaccuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pad under stairs

I have similar stairs in my in ground vinyl pool, no pad, no problems yet, stairs have been in the pool for 12 years or so.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Great. Thank you.
    TerriP
    27'x54" AGP - 2HP Hayward SWIMPRO LX PUMP - SW150 Hayward SWIMPRO Voyager Element Tank- - Dyna-Skim Wide Mouth Skimmer SP1091WM - Aquaray vaccuum

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a pad under my stairs. Its just a ribbed peice of heavy gauge vinyl. They are like $20 and you can get them almost anywhere on line.

I'll tell you one thing the pad does do, it shows you just how much your liner has faded at the end of the season when you take the pad out.

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo