Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to forum, need lots of help

1. Back To Top    #1

New to forum, need lots of help

Hi folks, Thanks or the welcome, I am so glad I found Y'all. I am 67 years young and,
    Because of my husbands disability I am forced to learn pool maintenance. Our ABG pool is 12 years old (25 year predicted life span), I am just learning the opening up procedures. Ronnie had a brain hemorrhage 3.5 years ago. My son has opened the pool and maintained it the last 2 years but no longer has time to deal with it and last year one sensitive skinned grand child, actually had a chemical burn from swimming in it. I have just discovered the BBB method of maintenance so am switching to it.
    I need to get on with using the pool, it is my only relief from caregiving and working.
    chlorine system, sand filter, Hayward pump, 24" round abg, BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: New to forum, need lots of help

Ok, time for some Pool School.

Start here
    ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Then here
    TFPC for Beginners

Come back with your questions
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Re: New to forum, need lots of help

Welcome to TFP!

pooldv gave you some good resources - I highly recommend them.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.