Circulation/ return help AGP

Jun 6, 2010
Central Indiana
I have a 24' round agp with 1hp hayward pump and a Hayward sand filter. I cannot get sufficient circulation throughout the whole pool. The side opposite the direction the eyeball points always ends up with standing dirt on the floor and filthy walls. The side the eye points stays clean. I've tried down and left, down and right, and down with straight across. I've tried varying degrees of down as well and always seem to have dead spots. Amy thoughts on how to resolve this? Should I look and a specialty eye such as "the circulator" or is there a magic direction for my eye I can't find?

Do you only have 1 return (eye)? If so, thats likely your biggest problem. One return on a 24 ft pool seems to me to be not enough. I would think at least 3 spaced equally apart so you can get some good circulation would be about right. If you're handy, it's not that difficult to add additonal returns to an AGP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.