Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circulation/ return help AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Circulation/ return help AGP

I have a 24' round agp with 1hp hayward pump and a Hayward sand filter. I cannot get sufficient circulation throughout the whole pool. The side opposite the direction the eyeball points always ends up with standing dirt on the floor and filthy walls. The side the eye points stays clean. I've tried down and left, down and right, and down with straight across. I've tried varying degrees of down as well and always seem to have dead spots. Amy thoughts on how to resolve this? Should I look and a specialty eye such as "the circulator" or is there a magic direction for my eye I can't find?
    13500 gallon AG (24' round), 100 sf cartridge filter, Hayward 1hp pump, pool 10-15 years old with recently replaced liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circulation/ return help AGP

Do you only have 1 return (eye)? If so, thats likely your biggest problem. One return on a 24 ft pool seems to me to be not enough. I would think at least 3 spaced equally apart so you can get some good circulation would be about right. If you're handy, it's not that difficult to add additonal returns to an AGP.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Circulation/ return help AGP

Yes only 1 return which I thought was standard on agp? How would I add additional returns?

What about running one of those Hayward auto pool cleaners such as the diver
    Dave? Would that work?
    13500 gallon AG (24' round), 100 sf cartridge filter, Hayward 1hp pump, pool 10-15 years old with recently replaced liner