Run pump while swimming or not?

Jun 15, 2016
marion/ohio
hello all! just a quick question for anybody?
i have read multiple answers for this, but am i supposed to run pump during swim time/people in pool?
i guess i just assumed so seeing how people moving around in the pool would kick up debris for the pump to filter? i just want to make sure im using my equipment correctly.
any advice would be great! thanks :cool:

There is no specific need to. The pumps primary job is to circulate water and to move it through the filter. The 1st part of that happens on its own with people in the water. The 2nd part can happen on the next cycle.

Some run their pumps during swimming due to water features that they may have like water falls or bubblers.

In my case, the way my pool is setup. Since bather load adds chlorine demand and when the pump is on, it is generating chlorine with the Salt Water Chlorine Generator, if at the time we are swimming, the pump is not scheduled to run, I may turn it on so that it generates some extra Chlorine.

I also have bubblers and waterfalls that we may like to have on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.