Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing ACE Saltwater System

1. Back To Top    #1

Removing ACE Saltwater System

We have a 2013 Hot Springs Flair hot tub with the ACE Saltwater System. The cells die too quickly and are too expensive to replace. I would really like to just remove the cell and stop using the system. The dealer is quoting close to $200 to remove the system, which I think is absurd. I would like to think this is something I can tackle on my own, but can find information on how to do it. Anyone have any experience removing an ACE system that can walk me through it? Thanks!
    13,000 gal, IG vinyl, Jandy CV 340 cartridge filter, Jandy 1.5 FloPro pump, inline auto chlorinator, Legacy LRZM heater, Jandy waterfall pump, Automatic pool cover. Hot Springs Spa ~ Flair 326 gal with Ace Salt Water System.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Removing ACE Saltwater System

there differant way of using a Salt water system sucks huh, go figure...

from this owners manual it says if turned to 0 it is off and will not be used.. http://www.hotspring.com/sites/defau...%20Rev%20E.pdf

you can then use a real SWG if you want, it works awesome on mine and you don't have to change it out all the time...

I think the little chlromaker DO would work awesome for you size spa, I did the big brother megachlor but my spa is 700 gallons, I have mine set at level 4 and it just works

Amazon.com : ControlOMatic ChlorMaker Hot Tub and Spa Drape Over Saltwater System Chlorine Generator : Swimming Pool Chlorine Alternatives : Patio, Lawn Garden

I did the inline version but the drape over version works great also

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Agree, just turning it to 0/off is fine the water will pass right through with no problem.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the suggestions. However I guess I failed to mention, I have kept it at 0 for over a year, and now the coating on the wire holding the cell is starting to wear and crack. I've covered the wear spots with duct tape, but it makes me nervous. So I would really like to remove the cell all together. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice for the chlormaker DO. I'm going to have to check that out. The saltwater was great, if it wasn't for the darn cell dying so quickly. Glad to know there might be a better option!
    13,000 gal, IG vinyl, Jandy CV 340 cartridge filter, Jandy 1.5 FloPro pump, inline auto chlorinator, Legacy LRZM heater, Jandy waterfall pump, Automatic pool cover. Hot Springs Spa ~ Flair 326 gal with Ace Salt Water System.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

can you cut it out and use new pipe?, is it 1 inch 1.5 inch, its pretty easy to do..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

6. Back To Top    #6

I think that the ACE is an option so there might be a blank for it with unions on each end. I know Pentair makes one for their SWG cell. INYO Pools might be able to help with that.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach