Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circulation/ return eye help

1. Back To Top    #1

Circulation/ return eye help

I have a 24' round agp with 1hp hayward pump and a Hayward sand filter. I cannot get sufficient circulation throughout the whole pool. The side opposite the direction the eyeball points always ends up with standing dirt on the floor and filthy walls. The side the eye points stays clean. I've tried down and left, down and right, and down with straight across. I've tried varying degrees of down as well and always seem to have dead spots. Amy thoughts on how to resolve this? Should I look and a specialty eye such as "the circulator" or is there a magic direction for my eye I can't find?
    13500 gallon AG (24' round), 100 sf cartridge filter, Hayward 1hp pump, pool 10-15 years old with recently replaced liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circulation/ return eye help

You could try various on-line options, or perhaps modify your return(s) to accept a standard PVC fitting from Home Depot or Lowes - something like a 45 degree perhaps?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!