Confused with keeping Fc at the right levels

Did you know you can become a supporter? It's a modest one-time tax-deductible donation. And there's some extra perks as well. It helps us to keep on helping by covering internet costs so the volunteers can keep on keeping on. Link in my signature. No pressure, we'll help you just as much either way.

Ok Ive been away for a week. I was very nervous about what I would come home to. My neighbors did swim in the pool while I was gone. I had lowered my pH before leaving. I was a little aggressive and got it down to 7.2. I had my neighbors add some chlorine( 1 gallon ) on Wed. .. just for good measure. We had days of major rain and thunderstorms. So I see stuff in my pool. I have to vacuum it. But it is very clear. So that is good. But my fc went lower again. Could it be from the sun? I also know I have to get my cya up. I just want to make sure I don't need to do anymore Slams.

Fc : 3.5

ph : 7.8.. could be closer to 8.2. It's hard to tell with the colors. I'm going to lower it tonight anyway.

Cc : 0
ta: 70
cya: 40

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Chlorine is a consumable. You will need to add it every day or so. See the chart in my signature, never let it fall below the minimum for your CYA.

After my slamming and getting it clear... I think I thought my swg would help maintain chlorine levels. I realize that I may have to add here and there because it can be lost in the sunlight. But I have it running 12 hours at 100%. I guess I could run another oclt test now that I'm back to make sure. Then get my cya up to 70.

We all hoped the SWG would hold it for you while you were away. At least you did not come back to a swamp!

Here is my trick for the PH test:

-white plastic plate

-good lighting-I do it over my stove as my hood has a bright light in it.

What I do is mix up the PH test then hold it about chest height in my right hand with a slight bend in my elbow. I then put the plate behind it with my left hand. I pull the plate back and forth until I see the color match. It takes some adjustment but once you see it you will know your PH.

Let me know how it goes for you!

:kim:

ok will definitely try that!!

Oh now it's clear as anything!!! It's pretty. It was leaves from the storm. A few little dirt plops.. but it looks great! I just put my robot in so hopefully that takes care of it. Do you think it's safe to raise the cya? I have one more span of bring away in the coming weeks. Should I wait to make sure I don't have to slam when I get back?

The CYA is up to you. See how well your FC is holding. If you are only using 2-4 FC you are pretty good. It is one of those 6 of one and half a dozen of another kind of things.

I am SO happy to see the water is clear! You did it! You balanced your pool so well that it stayed good while you were gone! SWEET! :hug:

:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.