Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multi-port valve issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Lake Cormorant, MS

Multi-port valve issue

Hello all, I have been having issues when vacuuming my pool. When I vacuum, the insects and other small debris come back out of my return jet. I also hear a gurgling sound from my multi-port valve constantly. I took my multi-port valve apart and found the spider seal to be damaged so I replaced it. I re-installed the valve and I am having the same issues. I took the multi-port valve apart again and found what I believe are hairline cracks in the housing. i have attached pics. This is a Waterway valve. Has anyone ever seen this? Thanks.

12K gal, Vinyl AGP, 1.5 HP Waterway pump, 26" Ecokleer Sand filter, Hayward Aquatrol SWG, TF-100 test kit w/SpeedStir, Taylor K-1766 Salt Test Kit, Dirt Devil D2500 Pool Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Multi-port valve issue

Bumping for help.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

western NY

Hard to say if those are cracks or not.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4
    Houston, Texas

Can't really tell if those are cracks or not. Do they appear to open up if you press on them? If not here are some other things you can do. Check the stand pipe and make sure it is not loose or cracked, check all the o-rings and apply silicon pool lube, and deep clean the sand filter to make sure the sand has not channeled.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!