Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter Issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Filter Issues

Just bought a house with an above ground pool, had an in ground pool at old house so things are a little different but on to my current issue Low flow in when on filter.

When on Filter the pump seems weak and is reading 15psi which seems normal to me, but when I tried to vacuum the pool I could barely get any suction, so I bought a new vacuum plate which did not fix the issue. I just bought a Pentair lil shark auto-vacuum which will not work when on Filter, not enough flow? to get it moving...

When I set the filter to circulate there is lots of flow, I can easy vacuum and get the lil shark auto-cleaner moving without issue but when in filter setting everything just seems weak!

I have backed washed the filter etc... but this has not helped my low flow issue when in filter mode, at this point I am out of ideas what the issue could be....

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filter Issues

Hi, welcome to TFP! Is this a sand filter or a DE filter?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Sand Filter,

Found out my issue, I am assuming that pervious owners had issues with the filter or changed the sand and did not put the laterals in the outward position and left them pointing up. Going to buy new sand tomorrow and this should solve me issue.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ah, glad you were able to figure it out. That is not something I would have thought to check.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!