Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Keeping the Lanai Floor Clean... What a Pain-in-the-Butt!

1. Back To Top    #1

Keeping the Lanai Floor Clean... What a Pain-in-the-Butt!

Hi folks!

Our pool is enclosed / screened within the "lanai." A lot of small debris, from surrounding trees, other vegetation, etc., blows in daily through the screens onto the painted concrete floor of the lanai.

We've been using an ordinary broom to deal with the debris, but are looking for ideas on a better tool that will make the task less burdensome.

Would love to hear from those with the same or similar prob that have conquered this beast... please feel free to be specific about make and model of any equipment that's been working for you.

Many thanks to all!

/L
    /L

7,000 gallon, IG, concrete aggregate pool, Hayward single-speed pump (SP2807X10) w US Motors electric 1 HP / 3450 rpm motor, Hayward Star Clear Plus filter (C751) w cartridge (CX760RE), Taylor K-2006 test kit, SW FL.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Keeping the Lanai Floor Clean... What a Pain-in-the-Butt!

I keep a battery powered Black & Decker leaf blower in the pool house to clear off the cement deck quickly. The charger is plugged in the pool house and then we have an extra battery for backup.. works great for us
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a troy-bilt four stroke blower that idles at a very low speed and does a nice job with very little dust-raising on our covered patio. Herd up the bits and run 'em out the door. Almost feels like I could use it in the house! (wouldn't get permission for that one). But yeh, small rechargeable electric blower sounds perfect if I could have two blowers
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

4. Back To Top    #4

Many thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely check 'em out.
    /L

7,000 gallon, IG, concrete aggregate pool, Hayward single-speed pump (SP2807X10) w US Motors electric 1 HP / 3450 rpm motor, Hayward Star Clear Plus filter (C751) w cartridge (CX760RE), Taylor K-2006 test kit, SW FL.