Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best source of liquid chlorine near Canyon Lake TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Best source of liquid chlorine near Canyon Lake TX

Folks,

I have a friend that's trying TFP method. He needs to know best source near Canyon Lake. Or any city between there and San Antonio. Alternatively in the Houston area as he travels there frequently. A pool store told him bulk chlorine isn't available in Tx, only Florida. That seems like pool store bull to me.

Thanks in advance and I hope to entice him to join soon... he's very computer illiterate and challenged though.

Chris
    -Chris-
    2013 In-ground plaster/pebble, screen enclosed, 12000 gal w/ Jandy 2 speed 1 HP pump, Jandy CS 200 cartridge filter, 800 gal spa w/ 1.5 HP booster pump, Solar heater, 2 LED lights in pool 1 light in spa, TF-100 test kit, The PoolCleaner Next Generation, Jandy RS-12 Automation system with iAqualink 2.0 control, Separate Hayward/Goldline Solar control

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best source of liquid chlorine near Canyon Lake TX

Walmart has pool chlorine cheap right now at most places. Regular Clorox will work which he should be able to get at any grocery store.
    13k Pebbletec Pool/Spa, Hayward Ecostar, SGS Breeze 540 SWG, Pentair C&C 420 cartridge, Pentair MasterTemp Heater, Caretaker system, TF-100 & Taylor K1766 test kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, do you know if the refillable yellow jugs are available anywhere in Texas? Or is that really a Florida thing?

-Chris-
    2013 In-ground plaster/pebble, screen enclosed, 12000 gal w/ Jandy 2 speed 1 HP pump, Jandy CS 200 cartridge filter, 800 gal spa w/ 1.5 HP booster pump, Solar heater, 2 LED lights in pool 1 light in spa, TF-100 test kit, The PoolCleaner Next Generation, Jandy RS-12 Automation system with iAqualink 2.0 control, Separate Hayward/Goldline Solar control

4. Back To Top    #4

I am in San Antonio, and Wal-marts here have the 10% stuff for 2.50 a jug.
    -Paul
    15k gallon IG plaster, 26x39 at widest points, sort of shaped like the great state of Texas!
    B2854 Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP single speed motor
    Tagelus TA-60 Sand Filter, Polaris 280, TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, maybe I am just spoiled by Florida prices but that seems a little high to me. We get two of our two and a half gallon jugs of 10% filled for $7. I think the Walmart price around here is about the same as the price you are quoting.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris

-Chris-

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by setsailsoon View Post
    Folks,

I have a friend that's trying TFP method. He needs to know best source near Canyon Lake. Or any city between there and San Antonio. Alternatively in the Houston area as he travels there frequently. A pool store told him bulk chlorine isn't available in Tx, only Florida. That seems like pool store bull to me.

Thanks in advance and I hope to entice him to join soon... he's very computer illiterate and challenged though.

Chris
    Napco in Houston has 10% for $1.68 a gallon.

16,388 gallons, IG, Pebble Sheen, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter, Pentair Whisperflow Pump, August 2015, Taylor K-2006, spa

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jaykull View Post
    Napco in Houston has 10% for $1.68 a gallon.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Now that's getting close to Florida prices. I'm still shocked that chlorine is so expensive in Houston (capitol of the chemical industry) compared to Florida Everything in Florida costs more than Houston except liquid chlorine.

Thanks so much!

Chris
    -Chris-