New Member - Sand in pool

Sorry to post on your thread, question for Yexas Splash, I saw your post above, you mentions this: - Damage to, or separation of, internal parts (laterals, center stand pipe, etc) (Did you fill the filter halfway with water "before" adding the sand?) Are we suppose to fill the tank with water halfway? I'm new to this , this is why i ask. I noticed some sand in my pool, not much but still noticeable.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: I moved your thread just so we can all say "hi" and help you wit your issue separately. :) Yes, having water in the filter housing first helps to protect the laterals at the bottom from the direct pressure of the sand landing on them which increases the chance of breaking or separating a lateral. Those things can be somewhat delicate at times. Many manufacture's have a warning about that, but some may not.

Nice to have you with us!

Thank you for the welcome, well i found out what the problem was seems the valve control has a gasket, which apparently broke off and when i did a backwash out it came flying. It's an index pool filter model SF80110, the gasket looks like a spiderweb. since it is still under warranty I need to file for a warranty replacement with them. Thanks for this great site , i would never have figured out how to setup and maintain my pool. My hats off you you guys!

OK seem interx customer service is giving me the run around. I'm still waiting on the warranty claim email from them so i can get the ball rolling, in the meantime i went to a pool place by me and they were clearing out an older version of the sand filter SF20110 the blue model, I ended up purchasing it instead of a hayward, which would have cost me 3 times as much. Tomorrow i will be installing it. So for my clarification i fill the tank halfway with water before pouring it the sand correct?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.