MUSKOGEE, Ok
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
We put up 16x 48 intex ultra yesterday. Both plunger valves leak. Not from the hose or pool wall from from the top of the valve where you turn off and on. Under the gray part..if that makes sense. Is there a way to fix?

16x48 intex ultra with intex sand filter 2800

Probably just an O-ring. I don't know if you can get a rebuild kit for this valve, or you might be able to just find O- rings that fit.

I don't know much about AG pools, but looking on the site, it looks like leaks with that valve are common. It looks like some have just eliminated it and use a fitting to connect directly to the pool.

I had this exact same problem with the same model pool on the same day (almost got creeped out when I saw the post lol). Turned out to be an un-seated o-ring, as mentioned above.

As I started draining the pool to get the water line below the return level, i had an 'ah-ha' moment that may come in handy for others. I took a large piece of saran wrap (any plastic wrap would work) and covered the return jet on the inside of the pool to allow me to remove the plunger valve and re-seat the o-ring while maintaining the water level in the pool.

Not sure if we are all talking about same spot on plunger mine is leaking from where i drew on this photo. I can't even get it apart right there..
ead3b99116f8e0e85779cd0f421ad783.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
[emoji22] its stinks. Leaks a lot only while pump running though

Ive got a brand new one that im probably never going to use if youre interested. I can change the bottom Oring out or you can probably reuse your old Oring on it since your leak is in the upper body

Does Intex and Summer Escapes (your sig) use the same manufacturer for the plumbing?

No it does not. Will have to use adapters to install onto Summer Escapes because of the slip-on type fittings they use

Ive got a brand new one that im probably never going to use if youre interested. I can change the bottom Oring out or you can probably reuse your old Oring on it since your leak is in the upper body

No it does not. Will have to use adapters to install onto Summer Escapes because of the slip-on type fittings they use
Thank you. Let me see what hubby wants to do. I know that eventually we are going to plumb with pvc but that may be next yr.

Man it must be super tight. Ill check again! Thanks

Thank you! I finally got it off. The rubber was not seated in there correctly. Pushed it down and working fine. On another note. I think i have a small leak from bottom of pool [emoji24]

Thank you! I finally got it off. The rubber was not seated in there correctly. Pushed it down and working fine. On another note. I think i have a small leak from bottom of pool [emoji24]

Exactly the issue with mine (at the outlet to the return jet, though). Re-seated the gasket and it works great now. Glad you got it fixed, too bad about the leak :(

Not sure if we are all talking about same spot on plunger mine is leaking from where i drew on this photo. I can't even get it apart right there..
ead3b99116f8e0e85779cd0f421ad783.jpg

Mine was leaking from same spot. Watch when you turn the Valve open. When you do does the dark grey part start to unscrew. With mine when I open the valve it was so tight it was unscrewing at the dark grey part. Hold it when threaded all the way down so it doesn’t unscrew then open valve. This cured my leak

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.