Hello everyone. Like most any newbies I have been devouring all the information shared here in trying to educate myself to make an informed decision. We have interviewed 5 pool builders and kinda settled on 3 at this point. All A+ BBB rated with great reputations in my area. Their quotes are somewhat similar except that they present the information in a different manner, which forces me to read to discern what is what in terms of equal items. With that in mind I am posting their quotes with a picture hoping you all can help me figure out what is the best option and even point out some areas that I need to address with these builders. I would like to make a decision soon as I have been reviewing designs for over two months. Some concerns we have is the distance between the edge of the porch and the sundeck, not sure if having the sundeck 3 feet from the edge of the porch is that much of an issue. We have plenty of yard, just not plenty of budget. When we started with the designs, the bids were in the 55k range. By reducing deck size and pool size we arrived to the current bids. PB#2 has the EnviroPool+ cleaning system which we really like but don't have an alternative to compare it to. I will appreciate any feedback on that. Thank you all in advance.
Pool: 15' x 30' Perimeter: 86 Area: 431 sf Depths: 3.5 - 5.6
- Filter: 150 sf Pentair Clean & ClearฎCartridge Filter
- Pump: 1 hp 2sp pump
- Lighting: (1) Pool Light 5G LED color changing light
- Interior Finish: Pebble (Krystal Krete) 10 year warranty
- Pool Cleaner: Zodiac automatic pool cleaner.
- Electrical: Electrical included for components purchased
- Digital timer: PE 153 digital timer
- Sanitizer: Intellichlor salt chlorine generator
Deck: Total Area: 1006 sq ft of pavers -
- Type: Old Town, Stonehurst, 4x8, or Mega Old Town Pavers
- Coping: Standard brick bull nose coping
- Deck Drain: Included
- Footers: Included 80'
- Step riser We will build an additional step for the lanai
- Charcoal screen color and bronze aluminum color
- 2 doors
- Removing existing screen walls
- Super gutters included with down spouts
- Engineered Construction Plans
- All Applicable Building, Electrical & Plumbing Permits
- In-House Field Supervision
- Pre Grade and Site Prep
- Pool Layout and Pre-site with Customer
- Form Pool, Complete Excavation with Hand Trimming and Shaping
- Removal of Excess Fill Dirt
- Dewatering During the Excavation of the Pool
- #3 Steel Reinforcement Placed 12 on Center Each Way
- Structural Bond Beam Construction w/Seven Irons and Perimeter Wrap
- Min 4000PSI Gunite Construction of the Pool Shell
- Deluxe Shallow End Entrance Steps
- Old Town, Stonehurst, 4x8, or Mega Old Town Pavers (Standard) (other shapes and colors are extra)
- Custom 5 x 18 Deep End Love Seat
- High Flow Surface Skimmer
- All Plumbing Heavy Gauge 2 Schedule 40 PVC Plumbing w/ Minimum 2 Suction Lines
- Plumbing Run from Pool to Equipment Location
- Equipment Set on Concrete Pad
- Complete Electric Hook Up to 100
- Choice of Waterline Tiles (Standard 6)
- Deluxe Maintenance Kit and Start Up Chemicals
- Complete Job Site Clean Up / Access Grading
- Personal Operating Instructions / Pool School
16x31, 358 SQFT of pool area, deck dimensions 23 x 45, 856 sqft of deck area, Paver deck, paver coping, 3 year warranty on pool equipment and one on the deck.
1. Pool package, custom designed in 3D by one
2. Reinforced gunite concrete shell.
3. Standard pool 3ft to 6ft deep.
4. 10 year warranty quartz finish.
5. Choice of 6x6 custom waterline tile.
6. One set of steps and one swim out with tile.
7. Acrylic deck with cantilever edge.
8. One 120 volt 300 watt white Jandy light in pool.
9. Jandy energy efficient programmable variable 8 speed pump.
10. Jandy cartridge filter.
11. Automatic Inline chlorinator.
12. Maintenance equipment: vacuum head, vacuum hose,
brush, telescopic pole, leaf net, and water testing kit.
13. A personal pool orientation, with one month of
maintenance and professional start up.
14. One gunite incased skimmer and one pool cleaner line.
15. EnviroPool+ 8 jet circulation & sanitation system.
16. Automatic overflow water leveling system.
Type of Pool: Concrete
Model: Freeform Design
Dimensions: Average 15 x 30/392s.f.
Interior Finish: Quartz w/Aggregate
Depth: 36 to 6
Main Drains: Two VGB Approved
Entrance Steps: One Set
Swim Out Bench: Included
Cap Tile-Concrete: Edge of Steps & Benches
Light-Concrete: 300w120v White Light
Plumbing: As per specs
Vacuum Line: Included
Deck: 502s.f. Pavers
Existing Patio: 203s.f. Included-Pavers
Color: To Be Determined
Coping : 86 lf Paver Coping
Equipment: Hayward Two-Speed Pump, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Time Clock,Digital Salt System
Cantilever Edge : Included
Start Up Chemicals: Included
Manual Cleaning Equip: Included (Pool, Net, Brush, Vac. Head And hose)
Double Step-Up w/3 Sheer Descent: Included
Adding all the options below:
Option #1: Additional Cost for VSP
Option #2: LED Colored Light
Option #3: Footer for Screen Enclosure
Option #4: Automatic Pool Cleaner
Option #5: Screen Enclosure 19 x 42 x 10 down to 8