Powder coated worth the upgrade?

Apr 11, 2016
Mentor, OH
Hello! We are breakin ground next week on our 20x40 vinyl sport pool. We will have a tan liner and I upgraded the steps & coping to gray instead of white. The pool builder asked me if I'd also like to upgrade to the powder coated ladder & handrails from stainless to gray as well. He told us they will last longer and are simply nicer than the base ladder & handrails. He told us it would all be at cost, no profit to him so it didn't matter to him either way. Total cost for the gray steps, coping, handrails, and ladder is about $2k. That's a lot more than I had expected. Is it worth it??

It depends on your bank account. Are you getting a SWCG with your setup? If I had a choice I'd go with the SWCG before upgrading ladder and handrails. Will you be removing them during the winters? Base stainless is has worked for many for years.

Thank you for the input. Actually, we decided not to go with the SWCG. Our pool builder said he would do either for us, but two of the builders we received quotes from kind of talked us out of it due to corrosion issues. We are in Ohio, so the ladders & rails will be removed for the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.