New cloudy with addition of dry acid

Apr 30, 2016
Rockville MD
What did I mess up? Pool has been crystalline beautiful up til 2 days ago when I measured pH and found it was a bit high at 8.0. I mixed a pound of dry acid with 3 gallons of water and slowly poured half in the skimmer and the other half in the deep end.

A few minutes later my wife goes "What the heck is that?" A big blue cumulus "cloud" formed in the deep end of the pool. It eventually disbursed but now the water is no longer perfectly clear like it was, but the pH is right around 7.6 now. What to do? Will it just clear up in a few more days?

FC = 2
CC = 0
TA = 110
pH = 7.6
CYA = 40

Water clarity is back to normal. All I can surmise is that there was dissolved stuff in the water that came out of suspension with the pH change. I noticed the filter pressure also went up enough to require a backwash, so the filter was catching whatever it was. I guess this means my water is even cleaner now, but it was a strange thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.