Calling for 800 oz of stabilizer???

Apr 4, 2016
Lexington
Am I doing something wrong with my K-2006 test kit? New liner with new water last month, using Tricholr, added stabilizer (sock method) and Tricholr tabs. Water is still crystal clear. But today I retested & calculator says I need over 800 oz of stabilizer. Is that right?
FC-1
CC-0
PH-7.3
TA-80
CYA-0

Doesn't sound right at all.

What is the volume of your pool (gallons)? Did you enter that into PoolMath?
What CYA target did you enter into PoolMath?
Are you using solid or liquid CYA?
How much CYA did you add after you filled the pool?

The pool is only opened about 4 months per year. I've used Triclor for 10 years in a different pool in the area with no problems whatsoever. Pool is around 30k gallons, target of 20 to start. I used pool math. I added about 8 lbs CYA with sock method once pool was filled. I believe the calculator said about 10, but I wanted to do it slowly. I'm confused!

I'm an idiot!! I had 300k gallons in the calculator! Thanks for your responses! Sorry for the trouble!

- - - Updated - - -

Gwegan, just curious about the mixing of Triclor & stabilizer. Is it b/c the Triclor raises the CYA? I guess I've never had a problem since the pools in my area are only open 4-5 months, then drained below the skimmer & filled back up each year. Am I right that the CYA doesn't get too high in the 4 months then some of the water is always replaced? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.