Hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend.
Back in January, I closed on our new home. Because of the winter conditions at the time, I elected to not get a pool inspection done. The pool had a new liner just installed, new pool cover, and it had been winterized. So, I made the assumption that everything had to be in good working order.
Fast-forward to the start of summer.
After replacing the pump (DOA), we fired the pool up and woke up the next morning to discover a floating pool liner. Initially, I had concerns it was not installed properly. However, after contacting the company who installed the pool liner, they determined the cause of the floating pool liner HAD to be a leak (after visiting several time). Then... the process got rather lengthier from there:
- Originally, the first guy that came out stated the leak was most likely on the north side of the pool. He stated some dirt seemed to be coming out of it which may indicate a leak and some blockage.
- I waited a week and they had someone come out with a "listening device". They stated they could hear a leak and its approximate location, which was on the south side - a completely different location.
- 1 week later, they finally came back and cut up a portion of the concrete deck around the pool. After cutting the section out, it was full of water beneath it. So, they put a pump in it and came back several days later.. stating they would need to investigate.
- After the water subsided and they could access the pipes, the leak was not located in that area, so they extended the cut of the deck up another 18" or so east. Then same deal, put a pump into it.
- Reaction was the same, they can not find the leak, and now they stated they would like to cut two new areas of the deck open. One farther east in a different location, and another farther west.
The owner is telling me they are having trouble "isolating the leak" to understand where it is. And it may be in multiple places.
Is this normal, for the process and discovery of the issue to take this long? I have to believe there must be an easier way. Currently, this company has been working on the issue off and on for a month now. It's starting to make me very uncomfortable to continue with their services. Any help is appreciated!