1. Back To Top    #1

FC change after chlorine addition

FC 11.5
    CC 0
    TA 110
    CH 290
    CYA 80
    PH 7.6

Since I have gotten the pool cleared up and looking good with the TFP method, I have been testing everyday to find out how much chlorine the pool needs every day. Eventually, I want to add an automated chlorine system to the pool. I tested last night after dark and found the FC to be 7.5. In order to get to my target FC of 9, the pool calculator said to add 67 oz of 10%. For the first time, I actually measured down to the oz instead of eyeballing it. When I tested this AM before the sun hit the pool, the FC was up to 11.5. Any ideas why this would happen? I messed with the # of gallons on the pool calculator and there would have to be a huge difference in gallons to make a big difference to the amount of FC change from 67 oz of chlorine.
    35,049 gal in ground free form pool, Jandy CL580 Cartridge filter, Jandy SHPF2.0-0 pump, Chlorine

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC change after chlorine addition

Had your pool been circulated well before you tested it at 7.5?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, probably 6 hours worth of filtration. After I added the 67 oz last night, I ran the pump for about an hour on the high speed (2 speed pump). The chlorine was added in the stream of the return jet on the deep end of the pool.
    35,049 gal in ground free form pool, Jandy CL580 Cartridge filter, Jandy SHPF2.0-0 pump, Chlorine

4. Back To Top    #4

There are only a few options
    Testing variability in one of the tests, one of the tests was off
    Strength of the chlorine added, they accidentally put 12% in the bottle or it was really, really fresh
    Amount of chlorine added, you put in more than you thought
    Pool gallons are off, or wrong numbers in Poolmath
    Neighbor snuck over and added some as a prank
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like the test could have been off....I just retested with the 25ml sample and came up with FC of 8.8- 9.0.