Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi,

i need to to replace the multi-valve on my filter and in Canada it costs have of a new filter. I was thinking just getting a good Hayward as such parts are readily available and less expensive.

Which sand filter would you recommend for my pool and why?

Thank you,
G3lo

Your sand filter now is about 300 pounds of sand, you're probably backwashing once a week or so??

Bigger is better :)

The pentair TR100 holds about 600/700 pounds of sand.. Pentair Triton II TR100 Filter Side Mount 30 Tank - 140210 - INYOPools.com

here is one from hayward that holds about the same.. Hayward Sand Filter with Top Mount Valve 36 Tank - S360T2 - INYOPools.com

you say "Water source from garden hose w/ water restrictions" is your water restricted all the time, if so I would recommend a cartridge filter, they do take water to clean but if big enough you only need to clean once or twice a year..

these are hayward and pentair cart filters, I have the 320 and love it, it does take an hour to clean all 4 cart filters inside and probably 50 to 100 gallons of water to clean..

Hayward Swimclear Cartridge Filter 525 Sq Ft. Filter - C5030 - INYOPools.com
Pentair Clean Clear Plus Filter 520 Sq Ft Filter - 160332 - INYOPools.com

I've had both a DE and a sand filter, I prefer the sand filter.

There really is nothing to do with a sand filter but hook it up (correctly), plug it in and let it do its things.

I did deepclean it this year and did have to change my sand, but that's very rare (my sand was complete slugified/fouled with tree droppings).
From now on I will be deep-cleaning at the end of the season to avoid having to change the sand.
I am running about 250/300 pound of sand in my filter for a 27' AGP. I am trying 250 pounds this season to see how it works out. It's plenty of filter for my pool. This year I am also seeing how things stay running it 2 hours per day through the week in the evening, 2 hours morning and then at night on the weekend.

Neighbors run a DE ~ they seem to always be tinkering with it. Replaced it I think twice since I have been paying attention (last 4 years, but their pool is almost 20 years old so it may have been the first time replacing initially and then they got a dud for the second time, I really don't know) It's loud, it takes fits they are always tucked in underneath their deck doing something with it. Season is still early yet, so I don't know if they have gotten all the business worked out with it as they just opened this week. Their water also has a different appearance than ours. I think though that's more due to TFP.

It's purely just what someone prefers so I am sure each like their type for valid reasons.

I see. I was told a 30 inch is overkill for my pool size. Why would you recommend 36 inch?Also, are all Hayward good or the one you mentioned is especiallyGood?What you think about the 30 inch pro series filter

my friend got the TR100, the pool company said, ohhhh, that is way to big for your pool... LOL.. bigger just means less backwashing... will a 30 inch work, yes, you just have to backwash more thats all...

just looking around and found those filters, I own the C&C 320 so no idea about the sand filters :)

hayward is a very good brand, pentair is a little better but both will do good :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.