Pool New Test

Tipher

Jul 18, 2015
Chapman, KS
Got my TFT100 yesterday and did some tests. Here are the results I came up with. Not sure on CYA if i did it right or not but I filled the entire cylinder so assume that means 0? I have not ran the salt generator yet was waiting for the salt test to come in with this kit. Where do I start? I have a bunch of the hth super shock left from last season before I found TFP site. Can I use that to get some of these numbers up? Just need a push on which to start with.

FC0
tc0
CH475
TA400
cya0
ph8.2
salt2800

I'd use some plain bleach to get that FC to 4 IMMEDIATELY! Lower your PH to mid 7 range with muriatic acid. That SWG is gonna require your CYA to be in the 70 to 80 range. Your TA is sky high. read in Pool School the process on how to lower that.

The tftestkits instructions say to wipe the tip.

Copied from here, test kit instructions TFTestkits.net
Total Alkalinity test*– TA has a buffering affect on pH, preventing it from moving suddenly. Good TA readings will be around 70-90 for salt pools and 100-120 for normal pools *
1. Rinse and fill the clear plastic cylinder to the 25ml mark*
2. Add two drops of*R-0007*and mix. Then, add 5 drops of*R-0008*and mix again. Solution will turn green.*
3. Add*R-0009*one drop at a time, swirling between each drop. Wipe the tip of the bottle after every drop with a damp cloth. Continue ‘til color changes to red. Multiply the number of drops you added times 10.*(11 drops = T/A 110) Record it.* TA can vary widely. but a range of 70-120 normally works well.

NOTE:*In the presence of high chlorine, initial color may be blue and shift to yellow.*Test is still valid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.