Getting reagent refills in Thailand

Captain 776

Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2016
Thailand
I have contacted Taylor directly to see if they have any agents here in Asia that can supply me with reagent refills.
The problem is air freight of some of the reagents, 4 are reactive.
I bought my complete kit on E bay and it was easily sent to me by the seller using DHL.
Taylor referred me to a global partner of theirs but they turned out to be no help.
I have searched high and low for reagents in Thailand, no one seems to carry Taylor.
I asked Taylor if they could give me names and strengths of their reagents so I could try to source them here from a chemical supplier. I got the answer I expected......propriortory so not able to help me.
I will be back in USA for 5 weeks in July-Aug and will get 3 complete sets of refills in 2 oz bottles and an 8 oz bottle of CYA reagent, wrap them well in bubble wrap and carry them back in suitcase OR JUST buy 2 or 3 more complete kits, there isn't much cost difference between buying a complete kit or a complete set of reagent refills.

Do any of you have any ideas how I can get reagent refills for Taylor K-2006

Bruce

Bruce, I think getting them here and taking them back with you is your best route... I wish there were more suppliers outside the US...

they do have a different company in AUS but that kit while very good is also expensive

I offered to have them set me up as their agent/distributor in this area for kits and reagents and also other products.
I asked them twice in the strings of e mails we had back and forth over reagents and they never addressed it.
I am 63 and retired, it would be a good part time gig for me and open a large market in this part of the world for them.

Just found this, you can become a distributer :)

Export to countries other than Canada are handled through established trading partners, whether
international branches of established domestic accounts; global manufacturing partners offering co-op
branded products; or domestic firms specializing in export assistance. To select your best alternative,
contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-837-8548.

https://www.taylortechnologies.com/contact_distributors.pdf

Thanks Cowboy.......I just saw this today, June 26.........I did contact them previously but forget how I left it now, they referred to a global partner who was not very responsive. I will post how this second contact goes.....thank you for your help here

The e mail I sent today, June 26
Hello,

I contacted you previously;y on this subject and you referred me to a global partner that was not very responsive and it seemed to fall in a hole..........I forget now, how we left it.

I would like to get a final resolution if anyone is going to be able to supply me with reagent refills for K-2006 or not.

I would like to buy 3 complete sets and perhaps 2 8 oz bottles off CYA reagent.

I have also asked you 2 times that if this is a problem in this part of the world, why don't you expand your market here and make a distributor for Asia.

I have lived in Thailand for 10 years, I am American, 63 yrs old and retired.

I would be happy to be your distributor for this area if you do not currently have a way to distribute your products here.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you

Bruce Azzariti

That sounds like a good start but you may have to tell them you are willing to have 500 to 1000 K-2006 and 200 K-2006C dropshipped to you, do you have an air conditioned dark place to store something like that :)

Hello Captain 776,
I found your thread and experiences here and I am curious whether you have found a working solution to import testkits and reagents to Thailand.
I live in ChiangMai and looking for a good test kit but sofar no result.
I was in contact with LaMotte but they see big problems of importing these chemicals.
What kind of testkit are you using now? Any ideas how to have them shipped here (especially now with Covid19 no visitors that could handcarry a test kit.....)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.