How to hard wire a Hayward pump

vcan

Jun 18, 2016
orlando
I am replacing my pool pump and ran into a problem... My slumlord provided me with a replacement pump for the existing one that died. This pump has no labels on it (can't identify model or anything), and to top it all off, the white board inside where you hook up the connections is severely damaged.

This is what is is supposed to look like inside (the board used to look like that one):
hayward-motor.jpg

This is what it actually looks like:

20160617_185058.jpg

I already connected the blue wire in the pump to the red supply.

For the second circuit, black, my question is what color wires do I connect? My choice is Black, White/Black, Purple.

Thanks.

BTW... Yes, this is 220.

Sorry, With a pump that damaged, I can't in good conscience advise you to even hook that up. Too many bad things can go wrong and it is not worth it if someone gets hurt. Buy a good pump motor and take it with you when you leave, but do not use that one.

Sorry, With a pump that damaged, I can't in good conscience advise you to even hook that up. Too many bad things can go wrong and it is not worth it if someone gets hurt. Buy a good pump motor and take it with you when you leave, but do not use that one.

I totally second Dan above..there's so many possible openings and exposed wires that you could get fried at the equip pad if it rained and you were standing next to the pump.

My thought is to go back to the slumlord and report him, then move. If he cannot provide you w a decent pump to protect the investment of his pool alone, then no telling what else around that house is compromised to your detriment, esp if there are kids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.