Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: oops!

1. Back To Top    #1

oops!

I added washing soda to bring my alk. up. Three hours later I added calcium chloride to bring up the hardness.. I just read to never, never add these two on the same day. The water is "new," following a drain/ re-fill this past winter. It now has a dull, almost cloudy appearance. Will this correct itself over time or is there a course of action I need to take? If it will clear on its own, how long does it generally take? And what exactly happened?
    Thanks for any info and or advice.
    FC 6
    TC6
    PH 7.6
    TA 100
    CH 210
    CYA 70
    TEMP 82
    Charleston S.C. 5500 gal. plaster inground Hayward starclear 1200 cartridge filter, 3/4 h.p. superpump, small waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: oops!

Yes, adding calcium chloride often clouds the water and will clear in a day or two.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: oops!

Thanks, that was the answer I was hoping for!!!
    Charleston S.C. 5500 gal. plaster inground Hayward starclear 1200 cartridge filter, 3/4 h.p. superpump, small waterfall