Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
For my chlorine drop test, my 0870 reagent appears to have got damp somehow. It is dark colored, although not solidified. I did have some dry reagent left, and when I do the test they seem to yield the same results so I am guessing it is OK to use?

Second question is, for whatever reason my test tube I use for the chlorine drop test, is turning black on the inside after I run a few tests,. I am able to pour vinegar in it and clean it up but I don't remember doing that before. What causes the black residue inside the plastic tube? It is not easy to remove with just water, vinegar does remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are getting the same results with both 0870 reagents, I would continue to use them. I would suggest using the darker-colored one first since its shelf life may have been compromised by getting overly damp.

As for the test tube residue, it may be due to metals in your fill water - likely since you have a well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.