PH perplexed!!

Hi guys!
I have a question concerning the continuing rising of my pH in my pool despite all other chemicals at target! My pH measurement is 8.0 every few days even though I've been adding muriatic acid as called for. Also I am NOT aerating via water feature or otherwise.

my other numbers measured today are as follows:

FC 5
CC 0
TA 80
CH 310
CYA 80
SALT 3400

Any thoughts?
Thanks!!

Well you should see a slight rise with a SWCG but I would not think that much. How new is the pool? I helped a friend find his pH rise. He had a crack in his pump basket lid. It did not leak water but when the pump was on it sucked air in. His pump basket was all bubbles.

Welcome to TFP!

Was your pool recently resurfaced? If so, this can cause pH to drift up more than what was previously normal for your pool. If not, it may be that the pH of your fill water is higher than most. Try testing a sample of fill water directly from the source as a baseline. It may also be that the happy medium pH for your pool tends to run on the high side. When I need to adjust pH in my pool, I bring it down to 7.2. It will quickly rise from there and settle between 7.6 and 7.8 and remain in that range for quite some time before I need adjust it - TA also remains steady at about 80. You could try lowering the TA to the lower end of the recommended range - 60-70 - and see if that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.