New ColorLogic light will not join with the others in the AQL-COLOR-MODHV system

Hi - I haven't got my sig updated - but this is Hayward system with a ProLogic system and the ProLogic Network Module installed - the AQL-COLOR-MODHV. We had a light not working properly. It was replaced. The company that replaced it did not do the install and had never worked with the AQL-COLOR-MODHV before. I should have stopped it right there. But - they had installed many Hayward lights. Well - they got it in and power - but it won't join the other lights. (There are 8 of these in the pool - yes, 8.)

So - I followed the instructions here:

https://www.hayward-pool.ca/pdf/manuals/ProLogicTotalPoolManagementAQL-COLOR-MODHV.pdf

No matter what I do - the reset, power, that light behaves like it is on its own. It follows the logic of a single light. Power on and off (breaker) will turn its colors. According to the instructions, one I do a reset and colorlogic config, it should find the light. But - no matter what, it only finds 7. It does cycle power, but it just comes on like a single light.

I've looked at how it was wired and looks the same as the old one. All of the just have a simple two wire connection to power from a transformer. I'm totally not sure why it wouldn't join. Any idea how to force it to join? Or something I can check? Driving me nuts...

Too bad - I ended up resetting everything and all other lights were off the network and then did a find - and this one still doesn't get found. I changed the wiring just in case, but of course made no difference. For now - I just left it disconnected as I didn't want it on all the time. I guess I'll have to talk to another company or Hayward directly.

Do they even make a standalone model? It was the same model that was in previously - I gave them the exact model when it was repalced. And - the instructions that came with it look like this:

https://www.hayward-pool.ca/pdf/manuals/UniversalColorLogicandCrystaLogic-InstallationandOperations.pdf

Which indicate it can be part of the network. I've tried calling Hayward Canada multiple times. The longest time I was on hold was over 2 hours. I don't think the system really goes to any human... I've talked to a couple of companies now - neither of them have installed these with the network before.

I am in the process of installing two Hayward ColorLogic 320 LED lights.

They have very similar model number EXCEPT one is networked and one is not:

LACUN11xxx and LYCUN11xx both networked

LACUS11xxx and LYCUS11xxx both Standalone

Double check your numbers- what you ordered AND what you got.

I sent an email request to tech services and the CALLED MY CELL literally within 30 minutes.

Thanks Adam - you are right. I checked and it was a standalone model: LPCUS11100 - same instructions as the others, no mention of standalone. I checked and I definitely gave them the LPCUN11100 model. The pool place said Hayward screwed up - of course, I still can't get hold of them. I filled their email request out last week and still haven't heard back. I guess the Canadian office is a bit different. The pool place said he had put a call in with Hayward, and still hadn't heard back. I'm feeling I'm just getting run-around. Pool was installed in 2013, since then 3 ColorLogic lights have died. Obviously, these are not well built. If I can't get warranty on them, I'm reluctant to buy more for that lifespan. Considering other options.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.