New member pool test result .

Jun 17, 2016
western ky
I am a new member and would like some help getting my pool in order . Its a 24ft round above ground with a sand filter . Should be around 19500 gallons. I will be testing with a taylor k-2006 kit.

Do I just use the poolmath to tell me what to add ? I'm unsure where to start as far as adding chemicals to make the adjustments.

PH 7.0
FC 0
CC 0
TA 30ppm
CYA 0
CH 70ppm

Thanks for any help !

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: First thing we need to know .. how is your water? If it's clear with no signs of algae or any cloudiness, then yes, simply adjust chemicals as noted below in my vital links area. Start with CYA at 30.
To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the Poolmath calculator into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.
Increase FC to 3 ppm using regular bleach (generic is fine) until the stabilizer is dissolved, then increase to about 5 ppm - never below 2 as noted on the Chlorine/CYA Chart.

If you have algae/cloudiness, increase FC to "12" and perform a "SLAM" (link below).

Your TA could be increased slightly to about 50 using baking soda. When using the Poolmath calculator, make sure on the FC row to manually enter the percentage (WEIGHT) of the bleach you are using. Hope that helps. Great to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.