Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: kudos to TFP and BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

kudos to TFP and BBB

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

We have had our pool for fifteen years, but were ready to give up. We used chlorine for the first 8 or 10 years and although there were some reasonably good years, the pool was never 'crystal' clear. We switched to Baquacil, and like most people it worked good for the first few years then went steadily downhill.

We had to replace the liner two years ago, but once we refilled the pool we were NEVER able to get it clean enough to see the bottom. We invested a small baqua-fortune but nothing was able to clean up the mess. Near the end of last season I was searching the web for help when I stumbled across TFP. We decided to give it a try this year, but made up our minds that this would be the last year. If it didn't work we'd pull out the pool and put in a flower garden instead.

We bought the test kit before opening the pool this year, and have followed BBB religiously. Wow, what a difference. Our pool is clearer than I can remember it ever being. Thank you for giving us our pool back.
    24' AG, 12,000 gal, vinyl liner, no heater or solar
    Jacuzzi Laser 190 sand filter with 50 lb pea gravel and 150 lb sand

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: kudos to TFP and BBB

Welcome to TFP!

Glad to hear that you made the switch and are enjoying your little oasis again. Now you can plant flowers around the pool instead of turning the pool into a flower garden!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

That's great testimony. Discovering the simplicithy of BBB has been a revelation to virtually all of us at one point or another.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

Hi katamoron,

Wonderful story. So glad you have your pool back!

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Coastalish 'down easter'

Welcome to TFP!!

"Knowledge is power"

Glad that your pool won't become a garden
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)