Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Items from Amazon Prime

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Items from Amazon Prime

After MUCH thought, I finally took the plunge to sign up for an Amazon Prime account. It will be interesting to see how much I order in the next year just to feel like I got my money's worth! I miss the days of $25 to qualify for free shipping--it has now gone to $49!!

What types of items have you bought for your pool from Amazon? Looking for any suggestions--fun stuff like floats, games, or outdoor decor, to necessities like CYA. I know some things wouldn't be cost effective or cheaper for them to ship (like bleach) so that will factor into the decision. I buy baking soda at Sam's where it is much cheaper--and on my instant savings coupons this week!

Thanks!
    ~ 18.5' x 36.5' inground Grecian pool with vinyl liner
    ~ approximately 23,000 gallons
    ~ AquaRite Salt Water Generator cell size t-9
    ~ 1.5 HP Hayward Pump and Hayward Sand Filter
    ~ TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Items from Amazon Prime

Don't forget about the video and music that is included. I listen to Prime music by the pool all the time.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Love the YouTube on my older tv using the Firestick.
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

4. Back To Top    #4

Calcium can be a good deal.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

A few items we have purchased thru Amazon. We find what we want before we need it keep in our lists check regularly for the deals we can`t go without.

Hydro Tools 8033 Aluminum Premium Deep Bag Rake $9.80

FRANKLIN ELECTRIC 501003 Submersible Pump, 1/150 HP, 115V, 60Hz $35.18

Woods 50015 Outdoor 7-Day Heavy Duty Digital Outlet Programmable Timer $17.85

Hayward SP1480BLK 1-1/2-Inch MIP Black Self-Aligning Double Male End Union Replacement for select Hayward DE and Cartridge Filters $14.99

Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground 1hp Pump 2-Speed $146.84

Blue Wave Cover Clips for Above Ground Pool Cover - 30 Pack $12.89

Blue Wave Silver 12-Year 24-ft Round Above Ground Pool Winter Cover $53.76
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

6. Back To Top    #6

We use Amazon for a ton of stuff. I do most of my Christmas shopping on Amazon. Lol. Well worth it!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

7. Back To Top    #7

A bunch of my reagents and DPD powder
    Umbrella stand sets for inserting into concrete. Our pool has 4 of them and some of the covers were lost and I Could only find the insert kit, not the cover alone...so bought the kit for the screw-on caps <G>
    New set of rubber wheels for our Kreepy Krawly
    Priced an IC-40 for when I need it.
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Don't forget about the video and music that is included. I listen to Prime music by the pool all the time.
    I hope my internet speed will be good enough to handle the video--I just signed up for Prime today and haven't tried yet. I think I'll be ok with the music...I sometimes listen to Spotify. I wish they'd offer different "packages" of Amazon prime. I've spent hours upon hours over many years literally begging companies to expand their internet services. I finally was able to get DSL last year through AT&T...and it isn't really high speed, especially at peak times. The only other options are satellite internet and Verizon cell towers. There are so many rural areas with no access to high speed internet...and then I read articles about the US wanting to help Cuba get internet access. Rant over...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Keep them coming!

~ TF-100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I've had prime for years, but honestly most of the pool stuff I've bought isn't Prime eligible, which always drives me crazy.

17,500 gallon IG Vinyl
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D Sand filter
    Pentair Challenger 1.5HP pump CFII N1 1.5A
    Taylor K-2006-A, Stenner 45MPHP10 auto chlorine feed

10. Back To Top    #10

Pool Items from Amazon Prime

I watch Amazon prime shows all the time and I live rural with horrible DSL service...my cell service is faster. I do get some buffering, but I have been on OTA rabbit ears for 15 years and can deal with a little lag

And believe me, you will find all kinds of stuff to buy, just make sure you comp shop a little. FYI, the pool equipment I have researched for myself and others is normally priced better at online pool warehouses

Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

11. Back To Top    #11

Clorox has a series of pool chemicals that seem to work well for me. Price is pretty good, especially considered they are shipped to your door in 2 days - no charge if prime.

CYA: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    PH: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    In-ground block / vinyl liner 33' x 22' x 5',, approx 25k gals
    Cartridge Filter
    Floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 return lines (2" plumbing ultra-flex PVC)

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Pool stuff in the last 45 days :

1. Parts to make my own automatic water leveler.
    2. Salt test strips
    3. Calcium
    4. Pool brush
    5. Dolphin Triton Plus robot, caddy & remote
    6. Margaritaville pool saddle float (will order more of these!)
    7. Extras for my margaritaville frozen concoction maker.
    8. Extra large tervis tumbler for enjoying cool drinks while floating
    9. DE for my filter
    10. Hair nets for the skimmer.
    11. Yard decorations for around the pool.
    12. Parts for my polaris before I gave up and ordered the robot #5 above.

Gosh, the number of non-pool related stuff is ridiculous... I get at least a box a week.
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

13. Back To Top    #13

Don't forget pool toys, loungers, etc. I have bought Toypedo's, squisher balls, and Swimway's Spring floats from Amazon.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

14. Back To Top    #14

Let's see. So far on prime I've bought:
    Pump and filter
    AquaTrol SWG
    Replacement Hayward wide mouth skimmer and return
    Currently looking at automatic vacuum, led strip lighting for under the deck rails, new pool net or leaf rake.

The list could go on and on!! Non pool stuff I can't even begin to list. Almost like have an addiction to online shopping lol

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

15. Back To Top    #15

My more notable purchases have been:

Hayward Ecostar variable speed pump
    Liquid CYA
    Calcium

Gotta love the free 2-day shipping
    40K gallons, IG, plaster, circa 1987, 60sqft Crystal Water DE filter, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, SWG, attached spa w/spillway, 2 skimmers.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison04 View Post
    Let's see. So far on prime I've bought:
    Pump and filter
    AquaTrol SWG
    Replacement Hayward wide mouth skimmer and return
    Currently looking at automatic vacuum, led strip lighting for under the deck rails, new pool net or leaf rake.

The list could go on and on!! Non pool stuff I can't even begin to list. Almost like have an addiction to online shopping lol
    I'm beginning to think I could easily develop an addiction! The pool float I ordered came today. I was most impressed by the delivery I received on Sunday! Found out that Amazon has an agreement with the USPS to deliver prime packages on Sunday's. Thanks for all the suggestions!

~ TF-100 test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

Order GoFloat drink holders. 12.00 a three pack, almost impossible to tip over..

A inflatable basketball goal more pricey but kids really enjoy it. 49.95 price..
    May/2016 AGP Coleman 22x52 vinyl, 11k gallons, Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 3000 GPH, Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669, PoolBlaster Max, TF-100

Run pump 24/7, SWG 8hrs pm hours.

18. Back To Top    #18

I buy almost everything from Amazon. Every time I go to the pool store to get something quick, they never have it.

It's too much to list here, but you can pretty much find anything you need. Just today I received two zodiac tail pieces to fix the liquidator holes I drilled.

Also, if your kids go to school. You can use Amazon smile and they will donate a portion to the school you select. Not sure off the top of my head if that works for all charities or not.
    16,500 gallon in-ground pool and spa with Quartzscapes Midnight-blue and pretty sparkles
    Aqualink RS with PDA
    Jandy Pro Series Plus HP 2 HP 2 Speed Pump
    Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filter

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Tvarnell View Post
    Order GoFloat drink holders. 12.00 a three pack, almost impossible to tip over..

A inflatable basketball goal more pricey but kids really enjoy it. 49.95 price..
    Is the inflatable goal better than the one you put outside on the edge?

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

20. Back To Top    #20

May/2016 AGP Coleman 22x52 vinyl, 11k gallons, Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 3000 GPH, Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669, PoolBlaster Max, TF-100

Run pump 24/7, SWG 8hrs pm hours.