Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cartridge question

1. Back To Top    #1

Cartridge question

Hello to All,

When cleaning my Hayward C4030 4 cartridge system a few days ago, I noticed that one top of one of the cartridges there was a small separation btw 2 of the top concentric rings.

The top of the cartridges have 3 rings, the bottom 2. In btw the first and second ring [from the ctr], there was about 1-1.5" long in an ellipse of slight separation btw the top inner rings. Does this have any adverse impact on the filtration of the system? After 3 hrs in the heat and humidity, I was cooked. I could, next time in the fall, apply some type of sealant. The separation was really small, like 1/64" if that.

Thanks
    tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cartridge question

A picture would be good.

How old are these cartridges ? I think they be headed to the retirement home.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cartridge question

The system was installed in Nov 15, but pool was not activated until the end of Jan 2015...so not really that old...The cartridges are installed and pump running
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill